murcia

Portal de Torre Pacheco

www.portaldetorrepacheco.com

Torre Pacheco - SpanishTorre Pacheco - English
detail of Torre Pacheco

 

80 exhibitors will participate in 'Entreculturas 2011' in favor of integration and respect for diversity (28/02/2011)

The counselor said Joaquín Bascuñana in 2010 the immigrant population in the Region of Murcia increased by 5,874 people

The Minister of Social Policy, Women and Migration, Joaquín Bascuñana, today introduced the IV room for the Integration of Immigrants and Development Cooperation in the Region of Murcia 'Entreculturas 2011', to be held from 4 to 6 March Torre Pacheco, on the campus of IFEPA.

The ceremony was also attended by the Mayor of Torre Pacheco, Daniel García Madrid, the managing director of the fairgrounds, Antonio Miras, and the director general of Social Affairs, Gender and Immigration, Leopoldo Navarro.

The advisor said that this event provides 43,704 euros Autonomous Region, which is subsidized to 24 houses, of which 20 4 Immigration and Cooperation, including institutional stand.

The total number of exhibitors is 80 and is expected to roam the grounds around 40,000 visitors.

In this edition of 'Entreculturas' participating government (regional and local), consulates, NGOs, media, educational institutions, employment agencies and telephone companies, food, crafts and travel.

Joaquin Bascuñana recalled that the Ministry was pioneered in 2008 by holding a fair of this type, with ambitious targets that have been achieved each year.

He added that, despite the crisis and economic adjustment, the department continues to focus on 'Entreculturas' "as a project for the integration, respect for diversity and mutual cultural enrichment and human."

Among the objectives of the Fair are to promote social integration of the immigrant, to sensitize the host society in migration, support agencies, both in the field of migration as development cooperation, providing a meeting place and dissemination of projects and activities and engage society in the integration of immigrants and co-responsible for them in this process.

Similarly, the Minister stressed that 'Entreculturas 2011' is in line with the axis of Awareness Action Plan 2011 of the Region of Murcia, signed between the Autonomous Region and the Ministry of Labour and Immigration for the development of reception and integration activities of immigrants, as well as educational support for them.

On the agenda of activities at the fair presentation highlights on Saturday March 5 at 12 hours, the First International Meeting on Immigration, which will take place next August in the courses of the Universidad Internacional "Menendez Pelayo, Santander .

Recent data on immigration

In the event the owner of Social Policy, Women and Immigration provided data on the immigrant population in the Region of Murcia, noting that 5,874 people increased in 2010, representing 0.23 per cent more compared to 2009, as reflected in the statistics of the National Statistics Institute, INE.

So that at the end of 2010 the total population of the Murcia Region was 1,461,979 persons, of which the immigrant population in Murcia amounted to 241,865 people, which accounted for 16.55 percent of the total in existence, while the rest were Spanish 1,220,114 (83.45 percent).

The latter also increased compared to 2009, when there were 1,210,529.

As for the origin of immigrants, 63,475 were from European Union countries and 178,390 non-EU countries.

By nationality, Morocco is in the lead with 68,925, followed by Ecuador with 45,599, UK 22,380, Bolivia and Romania 16,547, 13,162.

By municipality, Murcia had late last year with 60,546 immigrants, 29,752 Cartagena, Lorca 19,886, 16,357 and Mazarron San Javier 9558.

Source: CARM

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2019 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información